Baton Rouge Parish Premises Liability Lawyers
It is common to think people who file lawsuits to recover money after a slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall accident are trying to "work the system." Our experience indicates that is rare. We have successfully handled numerous legitimate premises liability claims involving serious injuries.
If you have been hurt because of dangerous conditions on someone's property, please contact us now at the Law Offices of Ossie Brown. We will take your situation seriously and offer honest counsel on whether a premises liability action makes sense.
Quick Action Can Determine Your Ability to Get the Money You Deserve
Hesitation can be costly, and we urge you to take prompt action after any accident on someone else's property. Please get the medical attention you need and speak with an experienced attorney as soon as possible.
If we believe you may have a case, we will move quickly to preserve surveillance videos, gather witness testimony, and find other evidence in your favor. You can also depend on our concern and full support for your medical recovery. Our thorough approach has earned positive results for victims including:
- A woman in her 40's who suffered serious neck injuries when she slipped and fell in a restaurant ($150,000 recovery)
- A woman in her 60's who tripped over a chain at an auto repair facility, suffering serious shoulder and back injuries ($220,000 recovery)
Experience in Cases Involving Slips, Trips, and Falling Objects
Most commonly, these cases involve stores and service businesses, but a homeowner can also be held liable for an accident on his or her property. In fact, all property owners have a legal obligation to keep their premises reasonably safe. They may face liability for injuries caused by conditions such as:
- A slippery substance on the floor, causing someone to slip and fall
- An object that forms a dangerous obstruction, causing a person to trip
- Precariously stacked merchandise that falls on someone
- Doors and stairways in disrepair
Premises liability cases are challenging, and laws have tightened in recent years. However, a skilled, determined attorney can still help you get the help you need to pay medical bills, replace lost wages, and otherwise support your recovery. For a free consultation focused on your needs, please contact us.